Wednesday 22 July 2015

Hornsey Rd Tuesday 21 July - Silvereye roundup

I set the funnel trap here on Tuesday afternoon, I usually set it in the morning but had other commitments this morning. It didn't appear to make much difference as the total was similar to recent weeks. Caught 68 individuals with 5 new birds and 63 recaptures. The oldest was banded 2007 and it has been caught nearly every week recently.  For the next 2 oldest birds banded in 2009 it was the first recapture this year. For a number of other recaps it was also the first time this year, so there appears to have been some turn over of birds. Also caught were 2 new House Sparrows and 3 new Greenfinch and a recap.

I am off to Auckland for a week or so so it will be interesting to see what's around when I get back. I have left some food out which should hopefully keep them going.  

No comments:

Post a Comment